bri

Monday, March 28, 2011

Blackheads? EW!

Definition: Blackhead - a black-tipped plug clogging a pore of the skin from oils and dirt.

I hate blackheads with a HUGE passion.... I'm sure you do too. I freak when I see some on my nose. Nose strips work great, but they cost about 10$ for 8 strips.
I tried many different things with house items to see if I could figure something out for cheaper....


What works for me is this:

  • Mix olive oil & either salt or sugar together. I never measured it, but you want it to be pretty gritty and a little thick.
  • Soak a wash cloth in water, and put it in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds to get it nice and hot.
  • Hold it over your nose until the wash clothes starts to lose it's heat. This opens up your pours.
  • Take the mixture and rub it on your nose for about 2 minutes. Your nose will probably be red for a little bit afterwards, so make sure you do this when you have plenty of time before going out.
  • Wash it off with warm water.
  • If you still have some black heads after, I know this is gross, but take two q-tips and you can squeeze them out. Don't use your fingers or nails.. You'll spread dirt and you could scratch yourself!
You should notice after some time of doing this, you have little to no black heads! And a plus is the olive oil makes your skin super soft.. So your nose will be clear and smooth!
 Love & Clear Noses,
Brianna xoxo

No comments: